INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 6 GRILLO'S® Classic Dill Pickle Chips, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp GRILLO'S® Classic Dill Pickle brine
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt, or to taste
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 gallon zip top bag (or a pastry bag)
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- Place 6 eggs in a pot, cover with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Once at a rapid boil, turn off the heat, place a lid on the pot and set a timer for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes remove the eggs from the hot water and place in a large bowl of ice water, changing water if needed, until completely cooled, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, peel the eggs and rinse quickly under cool water to remove any small pieces of shell, then pat dry. With a sharp knife, split the eggs in half lengthwise. Gently scoop the yolks into a medium sized bowl with a spoon, being careful not to break the egg whites, and set the whites on a plate until ready to fill. Using the back of a spoon, scrape the yolks against the bowl to break them up. Add the mayonnaise, brine and Dijon mustard to the yolks and mix until very smooth. Taste and add a pinch of kosher salt as needed, no more than ⅛ teaspoon should be required. Slice dill pickle chips in half lengthwise and set aside.
- To get a spiralized yolk pattern, cut just a small tip from one corner of your zip top bag and place a decorative pastry tip inside and through the hole (this is optional).
- Place egg white halves on a serving plate, flat side up, and prepare to fill. Slowly pipe the yolk mixture into the bowl of the egg white halves in a circular motion until all eggs are filled.
- Add a dill pickle half to each egg, dust with the chopped dill and smoked paprika and chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.