PREP: 15 minutes COOK: 20 minutes MAKES: 9 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Slider Buns
- 1 bottle of your favorite beer
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium size onion
- 4 spicy bratwursts, cut into halves
- 1 block of Velveeta (or your favorite Wisconsin cheese)
- 1 tsp. salted butter
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 18 Grillo's® Pickle Chips
- Garnish parsley
$recipe_video = 'green-bay-dudefoodsl.mp4';
$recipe_video_type = 'mp4';
- In a medium size sauce pot, combine 1/2 cup of beer and 1 cup of chicken broth (season to taste with salt and pepper). Let this simmer down for 5 minutes. While mixture is simmering, slice onion into rings about 1/4 inch thick. Add rings to mixture and cook until soft. Then, remove and set aside.
- Slice bratwurst in half and add flat side down to a frying pan on medium heat. Fry bratwurst until nice and brown one each side. Then, add mixture from step 1 to the pan and simmer for an additional 5-8 minutes until bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan add 1 cup of Velveeta or your favorite Wisconsin cheese and 1/2 cup of beer on low heat. Mix on low until well incorporated.
- Butter and toast KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Slider Buns. Spread 2 Tbsp. of whole grain mustard on the bottom buns and top with Grillo's® Pickle Chips.
- Add bratwurst flat side up and ladle beer cheese on top.
- Top with sauteed onions and parsley.
- Cover with top buns. Enjoy!