Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 9 sliders Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Pretzel Slider Buns
- 2 Tbsp. garlic butter, melted
- 12 oz. tri-tip beef
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 qt. canola oil for shallow frying
- Kosher salt and Ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup giardiniera, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- Place the tri-tip in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. This will make it easier to slice. Remove from freezer and cut into 4 thin slices.
- Place between two sheets of plastic and lightly pound out to an even 1/4-in thickness edge to edge with the flat side of the mallet.
- Place flour, buttermilk into separate dishes and season with salt and peppers. Combine Italian and panko breadcrumbs in a third dish and season with salt and pepper. Then mix well. Bread each piece of tri-tip in the flour first, then the buttermilk, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the tri-tip cutlets in a non-stick pan with canola oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- In a mixing bowl combine mayo, cream cheese, mustard, and pickled vegetables and peppers to make the spread.
- Separate the KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Pretzel Slider Buns and brush the insides with melted garlic butter. Toast the rolls on a hot griddle until golden brown, flip and lightly toast the outside of the rolls.
- Remove the toasted rolls from the griddle and spread the Sammich spread on both halves of the buns. Place the tri-tip cutlet on top. Squeeze with some lemon then top with lemon-dressed cabbage.
- Place top half of bun on top and enjoy.