Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 9 sliders Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 6 hours
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Slider Buns
- 1/2 cup garlic butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon brown sugar BBQ sauce
- 1 lb. pulled pork (recipe below)
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pineapple, julienned
- 1 cup slaw mix
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 kosher dill pickles, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup crispy onions
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
PULLED PORK RECIPE
- 4 lb. boneless pork butt
- 2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. hot dry mustard
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pack hickory chips (follow the instructions before using)
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- To make Pulled Pork: Rinse and dry pork shoulder. In a small bowl, combine black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper. Rub mixture all over the pork shoulder.
- Cook pork in smoker for 6-8 hours until tender. Alternatively, you can cook in the oven. Arrange the oven racks in the middle and lower parts of the oven and preheat to 225 degrees F. Place a tray on the lower rack and the uncovered pork directly on the middle rack. Put the cast iron pan with the hickory chips on the floor of oven and bake for 2 hours, then remove hickory chips. Keep cooking for 4 - 6 hours.
- In the last hour of cook time, remove pork, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and in aluminum foil. Return to the oven for 1 more hour. Remove pork from oven to a work surface. Let rest until cool enough to pull the pork.
- In a bowl, mix slaw mix, pineapple, vinegar, mayonnaise, and sugar.
- Separate the KING'S HAWAIIAN® Slider Buns and brush the insides with garlic butter. Toast the buns on a griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Evenly place a few slices of pickles on the bottom buns and add 1/2 cup of pulled pork on each bun. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with a slice of cheese. Place under broiler for 40 seconds until cheese melts.
- Top with pineapple slaw, crispy onions, and cover with top buns.