Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 9 sliders Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Pretzel Slider Buns
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 9 oz. lobster knuckle meat, cooked
- 1 package tempura flour mixture (store bought)
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin oil
- 3 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- Separate the KING'S HAWAIIAN® Slider buns and brush the inside with melted butter. Toast the rolls on a griddle until golden brown. Flip and lightly toast the outside of the rolls.
- Combine diced tomatoes, celery, mayonnaise, and sriracha in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon.
- Mix the tempura batter per packet instructions and season with Old Bay. Add more if needed depending on batch size of the store-bought tempura batter.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Pat the lobster dry with paper towels. Place the lobster in the tempura batter and allow to sit for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove the lobster one piece at a time while allowing the excess batter to drip off. Then, working in batches fry until golden brown - approx. 3 minutes.
- While the lobster is frying, place the cabbage in a mixing bowl and add the extra virgin olive oil, salt, fresh ground black pepper, and the juice from 1/2 lemon. Mix well to incorporate evenly.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of cabbage on each bun making a bed on each bun to hold the lobster in place.
- Remove the lobster from the fryer and allow the excess oil to drain completely. Toss the lobster in the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with chives. Place the top bun on and secure in place with a bamboo skewer.