Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 6 sliders Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Pretzel Slider Buns
- 3 Tbsp. garlic butter, melted
- 4 bratwursts, 12 oz.
- 12 oz. can lager beer
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled/smashed
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bell pepper, large
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup cheese sauce
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. beer braising liquid (from Brats)
- 3 Tbsp. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1tsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- In a medium pan combine beer, thyme, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place brats in pan and simmer for 5 -7 minutes until cooked through. Shut off heat and allow brats to cool in liquid. Remove and refrigerate until ready to grill and serve sandwiches (this can be done ahead of time). Strain and reserve poaching liquid.
- In a small pot, add cheese sauce and bring to a simmer. Add 1 Tbsp. of reserved beer braising liquid, mix in mustard and shredded cheddar. Stir until cheese has fully melted. Keep warm.
- Bring a grill to medium-high, heat, and wipe down grates with oil to create a non-stick surface. Brown brats all over - about 2-3 minutes. Grill sliced peppers and onions until charred. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a long bread knife, carefully slice the entire loaf open to create a sheet of connected slider tops and a sheet of connected slider bottoms. Brush the tops and bottoms of the buns with melted garlic butter.
- Place on grill and mark off both sides of bread, warming them through.
- To assemble, slice brats on the bias into bite-size pieces. Spread out on the bottom sheet of bread, and pour over cheese sauce. Top with grilled peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle liberally with grated parmesan. Place top sheet of bread on and serve.