Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 9 sliders Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Slider Buns
- ½ cup garlic butter, melted
- 9 slices Hickory smoked bacon
- 2 cups finely sliced lettuce
- 1 ea roma tomato, sliced thin
- ¼ ea sweet onion, finely sliced
- 2 ea Kosher dill pickles, finely sliced
- 5 slices cheddar, cut in half
- 1/4 c Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
BBQ BACON MEATBALL
- 1 lb Hickory smoked bacon
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 3 slices KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay 9 slices of bacon on a cookie sheet pan and bake
until crispy – about 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, tear up sliced bread into small pieces then add milk and mix together
into a paste.
- In a food processor add 1 lb. of bacon and run until meat is well ground up. In a large
mixing bowl combine: ground bacon, ground beef, bread mixture, BBQ sauce and garlic.
Season well with salt and pepper then mix and form into 9 golf ball sized meatballs
(about 3oz each).
- Evenly place meatballs on a roasting pan and cook in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each meatball with half a sice of cheese. Return to oven for
5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Separate the King’s Hawaiian Sweet Slider Buns and brush the inside with melted garlic
butter. Toast the buns (both sides) on a griddle until golden brown.
- Place a little onion and sliced pickles on bottoms of each bun. Top with a cheese
covered bacon meatball. Top each with a drizzle of BBQ sauce then place a slice of
crispy bacon on top of each.
- Top with a slice of tomato and some balled-up shredded lettuce.
- Place top half of slider bun on top and secure with a 6-inch skewer.