PREP: 10 minutes COOK: 15 minutes MAKES: 12 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. raw ground chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 6 (1 oz.) slices white sharp cheddar cheese, cut into halves.
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
$recipe_video = 'san-fran-thetastebud.mp4';
$recipe_video_type = 'mp4';
- Start by caramelizing the onions. Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat and add diced onions until onions soften and turn golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir to coat the onions, letting them caramelize even further (about 2 minutes). Remove pan from heat.
- Combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add caramelized onions and mix completely.
- Form the chicken mixture into 12 equal size mini-patties. Grill the patties over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side or bake on a lightly greased baking sheet in a 400-degree F. oven for 10 minutes. Flip over halfway.
- Top each chicken patty with 1/2 slice of cheese, followed by two small pieces of cooked bacon.
- Spread mayo on bottom side. Place sliced avocado and chicken patty.
- Top with top rolls, separate sliders, and serve.