PREP: 20 minutes COOK: 4 hours MAKES: 9 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Slider Buns
- 1 tsp. (each) chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. pork butt or shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 can (14 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Salt & pepper to taste
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place porkina (3Qt/8inch) heavy baking pan with a lid. Rub spice mixture over all sides of pork. Add water and 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, cover, and bake in preheated oven for 2 hours and 45 minutes or until meat shreds easily.
- Once meat has finished cooking and is extremely tender, shred with two forks, discarding excess fat. Stir in remaining BBQ sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix together shredded napa cabbage, shredded red cabbage, shredded carrots, cider vinegar, crushed pineapple, mayonnaise, golden raisins, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pulled pork onto the bottom of each bun and top with coleslaw.
- Close with top buns and serve.