Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 4 sliders Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (4-pack) KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 8 slices black forest ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. pecorino, grated
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 TBS whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- Preheat waffle iron
- Slice each 4-bun set in half through the middle and open up like a sandwich. For each sandwich, place one slice of cheese on the bottom bun and top with ham. Place tops on each of the 4 sandwiches.
- Cooking one sandwich at a time, place in center of waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes while pressing down firmly to flatten and toast sandwich. Remove and place each cooked sandwich on a sheet pan.
- Prepare sauce: Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes while constantly stirring. Slowly whisk in the milk and add nutmeg. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Whisk constantly while the sauce thickens. Cook for about 3-4 minutes while stirring and add salt and pepper.
- Spread approximately 2 Tbsp. of bechamel on top of each sandwich and top with grated gruyere cheese. Place sandwiches under broiler for 45 - 60 seconds until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Top with grated pecorino and chives.