Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Yield: 12 sliders Prep Time: 35 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. smoked turkey breast, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup Mornay sauce (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices crispy bacon, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Kosher salt
$recipe_video = '';
$recipe_video_type = '';
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and slowly whisk in flour until combined and forms a thick paste (roux). Cook for 3-4 minutes without color.
- Whisk half & half into the roux and cook over medium heat until the cream begins to simmer about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in cheese until the Mornay sauce is smooth. Add nutmeg, cayenne, and salt to taste.
- Using a bread knife, cut entire sheet of rolls through the middle keeping the tops intact and bottom intact. Brush cut sides each with 1 Tbsp. of melted butter. Brush the bottom of a 2" deep gratin dish or pan with butter. Then, place bottom half of the rolls in the dish ensuring that it fits snug but has a little space between the sides of the pan.
- Slice smoked turkey up into strips. Spread evenly over the layer of bread. Then, top with 12 slices of tomato lining them up so each slice sits on one bun.
- Drizzle the Mornay sauce over the top evenly "coast to coast!"
- Place the top portion of the roll on top - lining up with the bottoms.
- Place the entire dish in a 350 degree F. preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, brush tops with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with parmesan and bacon.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbly around the edges.